No-one can tell us exactly when the Bluff Hotel was first established, but the hotel was originally located at the back of the current block, burnt down in 1952 and then rebuilt in 1954.
Since then the pub has had many owners, leasers & managers. The current publican has owned the pub for about eight years and personally managed the pub for the last twelve months with a focus on providing a great facility for the locals & Capricorn Highway travelers.
With a town built on cattle farming, the railway & coal mining, the local residents of Bluff enjoy facilities such as:
- Clean, air conditioned bar facilities.
- Friendly, professional staff service.
- A large selection of tapped & bottled beer.
- A wide selection of spirits & ready to drink cans.
- A good selection of wines.
- A well priced take away bottle mart.
- Gaming facilities – Poker machines & Keno.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner menu’s with changing specials.
- Espresso coffee & cake facilities.
- A large beer garden for the family.
- Inside & outside pool tables.
We encourage travelers on the Capricorn Highway to stop off and experience a good old fashion country pub. Where they can unwind over lunch, grab a quality coffee & a piece of cake OR perhaps stay over night in clean & comfortable accommodation (serviced daily). There is also plenty of grassy land out the back of the pub for people with caravans to stay for free.
Truck drivers are encourage to take advantage of the huge amounts of parking space & use our shower facilities for free.
Regardless of who is using the pubs facilities the management & staff are focused on providing exception service & a memorable experience.